Institute for Paralegals Features
PRG’s Institute for Paralegals currently offers two Certificate Courses for IP Support Professionals. Our long-standing Patent Administration: A Foundation for Success course and the new in 2017 Trademark Fundamentals for IP Support Professionals. Please see below for details.
Patent Administration: A Foundation for Success is a complete and thorough 4-day certificate course designed to provide patent administrators, secretaries, assistants and paralegals with a firm understanding of the fundamentals of patent law, as well as practical tips and advice that can be applied on a day-to-day basis to save time and ensure success.
We first introduced this course in 2010 in response to a lack of courses for patent support personnel and it has proven to be one of our most successful. In response to attendee feedback, new features were added in 2016:
- Content: The course has been expanded to four days to dedicate one full day to Patent Cooperation Treaty (PCT) practice and filing! And, all sections are continuously updated to provide the latest information and developments in patent law.
- Flexibility: Attendees may attend the full, four-day course or, if you’ve attended this course in the past or are a more experienced patent support professional, you may choose to attend just days 2-4.
- Pricing: This course is one of our most economical considering the breadth of topics covered. Early-Bird pricing for days 1-4 is only $995; and Early-Bird pricing to attend days 2-4 is only $795. After the Early-Bird registration period ends, the tuition to attend days 1-4 increases to $1295 and tuition for days 2-4 increases to $1095.
- Day 1: Patent Law Essentials
- Days 2 & 3: Managing Patent Prosecution
- Day 4: An Introduction to Patent Cooperation Treaty (PCT) Practice and Filing.
A full Summary of Topics can be found here.
Trademark Fundamentals for IP Support Professionals is a 2-day certificate course that unlocks the “why” behind the everyday activities of IP support staff involved with domestic and international trademark prosecution, maintenance and litigation.
Brand new in 2017, the goal of the course is to increase IP support staff efficiency, productivity and expertise. It is intended for staff professionals at all levels of experience that want to step-up their game and become a more integral and proficient part of their trademark service team.
Numerous real-life examples are used to comprehensively illustrate the conceptual, statutory and procedural reasons behind ordinary activities. The pace and content of the class affords ample opportunity to learn, review and reinforce a complete range of trademark concepts in an interactive and collaborative environment to maximize learning. The course covers the entire range of the trademark life-cycle and includes a review of the following topics:
- Conceptual Overview of Trademarks
- Mark Searching and Clearance
- Complete Examination of US Prosecution
- TTAB and Litigation Practice Support
- International Consideration
- Contentious Matters
View the course syllabus here.
Pricing: Early-Bird pricing for this course is only $795. After the Early-Bird registration period ends, the tuition increases to $1095.
Trust your IP training to PRG, register today!