ExamWare® PRG's exclusive online exam preparation software greatly enhances your chances of passing
the USPTO Registration Examination by providing a simulated exam environment with an assortment of questions,
answers, feedback, and links to the patent statute, patent rules and the USPTO
Manual of Patent Examining Procedure (MPEP). ExamWare® is an invaluable tool for
providing “real-life” preparation for the exam. The academic staff of Patent
Resources Group regularly reviews and updates all of the Patent Office's published questions
and model answers, as well as the explanations or authorities establishing why
each multiple-choice answer is right or wrong.
Since its introduction, ExamWare® has been used by thousands of patent
professionals at leading patent law firms, companies, and universities to successfully
prepare for the
Registration Examination for Patent Attorneys and Agents.
The software includes approximately two thousand practice questions, with
explanations and hyperlinks to legal authorities including Title 37 of the Code
of Federal Regulations, Title 35 of the United States Code, the MPEP, and the Patent Cooperation Treaty (PCT).
In 2011, we introduced ExamWare online, which offers users added flexibility as
it can be accessed from any computer at any time with your user e-mail and
Questions are available in multiple study modes, including simulated USPTO exams,
and can be selected by topic or at random. Users can choose to receive instant
feedback on answers, as well as view a detailed graphical scoring analysis for each
During the past ten years, thousands of PRG alumni have used Examware®
in preparation for their success on the USPTO exam. You must sign up for either the
Classroom or Video course to receive access to our online ExamWare®. Access to
this invaluable Exam tool is not available outside of Classroom or Video course
Sample ExamWare® Screens
Examware® Modes for Study and Exam Preparation
- Simulated Exam Mode. Questions are randomly selected from either the entire database (according to frequency of subjects on past exams) or selected chapters of Patent Practice. The exam is timed, and the grade is posted immediately upon completion. When using the simulated exam mode, shorter questions may be excluded to increase difficulty.
- Question and Answer Study Mode. Questions are asked either sequentially or randomly (from any one or more chapters you select in Patent Practice)
with instant feedback including the correct answer, explanation, or legal authority where applicable.
- Missed Question Mode. Learn from your mistakes. Review questions from the entire database or from selected chapters that you previously answered incorrectly.
- Performance History. Results are maintained for both the Simulated Exam and Question and Answer Study Modes, in bar graph and table form. View accuracy and time analyses in aggregate or by chapter of the Patent Practice
treatise. Performance history of your study sessions is automatically stored.
- Optimum Viewing Choices. Click on the best font size option and resize the screen to your preference. Choose multiple windows to simultaneously display questions and answers.
- Online Legal Authorities. Browse pertinent sections of the statute, rules, MPEP, and PCT while working on questions or reviewing answer text. All legal authorities have been completely updated.
Examware® Computer System Requirements
Microsoft® Windows® XP, Vista, and 7:
- Internet Explorer (IE) 8.0 or later
- Google Chrome™, latest version
- Firefox®, version 4.0 or later
Note: Adobe® Acrobat® Reader 7 or greater (browser plug-in) is required to view PDF-based explanation links and authorities.
Alternatively, select Compatible MPEP Viewer under the Preferences menu.
Mac OS X, version 10.5 or later:
- Safari®, version 5.0 or later
- Google Chrome™, latest version
- Firefox®, version 4 or later
Note: On Macs, explanation links and the MPEP button
will open in the Compatible MPEP Viewer.
In addition, a monitor with a minimum screen
resolution of 1024 x 768 is required. Your browser must be configured to allow
Internet connection is strongly recommended.
- Examware® is active for a period one year from the date of purchase.
- Access to Examware® is made available via email after a registration for the
Clasroom or Video Patent Bar Review Course is processed.
- If you need assistance with username or password information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org