Patent Administration: A Foundation for Success, is a complete and thorough 2.5-day certificate program designed to provide patent paralegals, secretaries, and administrators with a firm understanding of the fundamentals of patent law, as well as practical tips and advice that can be applied on a day-to-day basis to save time and ensure success.
Patent Administration: A Foundation for Success covers the following key topics relating to patent prosecution support:
- Overview of U.S. patent law, including changes due to the America Invents Act (AIA)
- Patenting process at the USPTO
- Preparation and filing of applications and prosecution documents with the USPTO
- Introduction to Patent Cooperation Treaty (PCT) practice and filing
- Detailed discussion on patent research and document retrieval
Faculty will include John Tsavaris, Director of Professional Development and Special Counsel, Kenyon & Kenyon LLP and Catherine A. Van Houten, Senior Manager of IP Administration at Arnold & Porter.